WHATCOM COUNTY, Wash. — On the second day back following winter break, some school districts continue to face challenges brought on by recent snow accumulations and water damage from frozen pipes resulting in delayed starts and buses on snow routes.
As of this 7am this morning, Tuesday, January 4th, Whatcom County school districts have announced the following.
- Bellingham Schools – all schools on 2-hour delay, regular bus routes
- Ferndale School District – operating on regular schedules
- Lummi Nation School – no school due to COVID-19 concerns – students to return to classes Wednesday
- Blaine School District – operating on regular schedules, BPS Lifeskills and Pt. Robert’s Primary School will be on remote learning for the week
- Meridian School District – operating on regular schedules
- Lynden School District – operating on regular schedules except Bernice Vossbeck Elementary School which is closed this week due to water damage
- Nooksack Valley School District – elementary schools and middle school operating on regular schedules, high school is operating remotely for the week due to damage
- Mount Baker School District – operating on regular schedules with buses on snow routes
Parents, students and staff should monitor their district’s website and email for updates in the morning as conditions continue to change.