WHATCOM COUNTY, Wash. — Students are scheduled to resume classes today, Monday, January 3rd, across Whatcom County school districts after the winter break. But due to challenges brought on by recent snow accumulations and water damage from frozen pipes, some districts announced delayed starts and buses on snow routes.
As of this 7am this morning, Whatcom County school districts have announced the following.
- Bellingham Schools – all schools on 2-hour delay, AM snow bus routes, no daytime out-of-district transportation, morning and afternoon preschool is cancelled.
- Ferndale School District – operate on regular schedules
- Lummi Nation School – no school today or tomorrow – students to return to classes Wednesday
- Blaine School District – 2-hour late start, BPS Lifeskills and Pt. Robert’s Primary School will be on remote learning for the week
- Meridian School District – classes on-time, buses on snow routes and will not be transporting out-of-district students
- Lynden School District – classes will begin on regular schedule except Bernice Vossbeck Elementary School is closed this week due to water damage
- Nooksack Valley School District – elementary schools and middle school on 2-hour late start, high school high school building is closed for the week due to damage
- Mount Baker School District – classes canceled today due to “facility issues,” news whether reopening tomorrow planned for later today
Parents, students and staff should monitor their district’s website and email for updates in the morning as conditions continue to change.