Facebook users discovered it and another Facebook property, Instagram, had become inaccessible around 9am this morning, Wednesday, March 13th.
Downdetector.com, which monitors negative comments about services and websites, showed the impact was being reported across a large portion of the US and Europe in addition to South America and Asia.
A Facebook spokesperson said in a statement to USA TODAY, “We’re aware that some people are currently having trouble accessing the Facebook family of apps. We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.”
Facebook page administrators had been experiencing technical challenges over the past couple days leading up to this widespread outage. No word whether those were related.
Editor’s note: We are going to take this opportunity to share the always updated resources available on My Ferndale News.
- Check out the latest Ferndale area news by category
- What is happening on the roads right now?
- What can you expect from our ever-changing weather?
- Here is what’s happening around the Ferndale area (post your event for free!)
- Job and volunteer opportunities available right here in Ferndale
- Keep an eye on the Nooksack River level in Ferndale
- Fire/EMS Dispatches
- Wondering about sirens you just heard? Check here first.