WHATCOM COUNTY, Wash. — Many event organizers have been canceling events due to government imposed COVID-19 mandates over the past 2 years. But with the loosening of the same mandates, events are being scheduled across Whatcom County this year.
The following is a list of several events scheduled around Whatcom County during the spring and summer of 2022.
- Whatcom Farm Expo – Saturday, April 23rd, from 9am to 2pm at Northwest Washington Fairgrounds in Lynden
- Whatcom Memorial Day Parade – Saturday, May 28th, from 12pm to 3pm in
- Avenue of Flags – May 28th to the 30th at Greenacres Memorial Park in Ferndale
- Ski to Sea – Sunday, May 29th, from Mt Baker Ski Resort passing through Glacier, Maple Falls, Nooksack, Everson, Lynden, Ferndale and Bellingham
- Lynden Farmer’s Day Parade – Saturday, June 4th, from 10:30am to noon in downtown Lynden
- Bellingham Scottish Gathering – Saturday, June 4th, from 9am to 6pm at North Bellingham Golf Course
- Deming Logging Show – Saturday and Sunday, June 11th and 12th, gates open at 9am
- Sumas Community Days and Parade – Saturday, June 25th, from 11am
- Birch Bay Kite Festival – Saturday and Sunday, June 25th and 26th on the beach at Birch Bay
- Old-Fashioned 4th of July Celebration – Monday, July 4th, in downtown Blaine and Blaine Harbor
- 4th of July Celebration – Monday, July 4th, at corner of W Laurel Street and Granary Avenue in Bellingham
- Everson / Nooksack Summer Festival – Friday and Saturday, July 8th and 9th
- Northwest Raspberry Festival – Friday and Saturday, July 15th and 16th, from 9am to 5pm in downtown Lynden
- 126th Whatcom County Old Settlers Picnic and Grand Parade – from Friday and Saturday, July 29th and July 30th, at Pioneer Park in Ferndale beginning at12pm (closing times vary by day)
- Birch Bay Sand Sculpture Competition – Saturday, July 30th on the beach at Birch Bay
- Drayton Harbor Maritime Festival – Saturday and Sunday, August 6th and 7th, from 10am to 5pm at the Blaine Harbor
- Northwest Washington Fair – August 11th to 20th at Northwest Washington Fairgrounds in Lynden
- Dog Days of Summer Festival – Sunday, August 28th, from 11am-3pm at the Whatcom Humane Society in Bellingham
Are you an organizer of an event that should be in this list? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.