FERNDALE, Wash. — Dykeman Architects Principal Tim Jewett shared preliminary design drawings and renderings of the proposed new Ferndale High School buildings last night, May 26th, during a regular meeting of the Ferndale School Board.
Jewett said the design has been able to achieve many of the project goals but emphasized this is a preliminary design and changes were likely as the project moves forward.
Jewett pointed out many aspects of the design to the school board and district staff. They included:
- Bus load and unload area with a turnaround located between the CTE and Gym buildings and the stadium area
- Student drop-off and pick-up area with access via the corner of Shuksan Street and Golden Eagle Drive
- Student parking would be located in 1 lot with access via Malloy Avenue
- The current senior parking lot would be used for staff parking
- Memorial Drive access would be limited to buses and staff vehicles
Jewett also provided the above design rendering. Board members were instructed to disregard color choices since they were simply for reference.