POINT ROBERTS, Wash. — Residents and property owners in Point Roberts will be able to drop off green waste at the Point Roberts transfer station 1 time for free every other Saturday during May, June and July.
Whatcom Public Health Department announced this green waste disposal offer is available only on designated free drop-off days (below). Disposal of yard waste outside of the designated free days will be at the standard fee of 10 cents per pound.
Maintenance and disposal of yard waste is important for both water quality and human health. Piles of yard waste can add nutrients like phosphorus to our waterways. Nutrients feed algae blooms, which can harm water quality and wildlife. Tall grasses and brush near homes can also attract rodents that carry diseases harmful to people and pets.Whatcom County Health Department announcement (April 29, 2022)
The disposal site is Cando Recycling and Disposal Point Roberts Transfer Station, 2005 Johnson Road.
The specific dates and times are as follows.
- May 14th, from noon to 4pm
- May 28th, from noon to 4pm
- June 11th, from noon to 4pm
- June 25th, from noon to 4pm
- July 9th, from noon to 4pm
- July 23rd, from noon to 4pm
- Accepted green waste: grass, brush, and leaves – must be compactable
- Not accepted: soil, branches over two inches in diameter, stumps, bags (contents of bags may be emptied at the transfer station), household waste, commercial or business waste
- 1 free load per household during any of the free green waste disposal days
- Daily is limited – if bins are full, return on another designated free disposal day or pay the standard fee