Press "Enter" to skip to content

UPDATED: 2 are dead after fire destroys Bellingham mobile home

BELLINGHAM, Wash. — First responders were dispatched to a mobile home park next door to the North Bellingham Fire Station in the 5300 block of Northwest Drive. about 6:50am, Monday, July 11th, due to a report of a mobile home fire.

Approximate location of the fire

Whatcom County Fire District 7 Fire Chief Larry Hoffman told Whatcom News at the scene that they arrived to find a fully involved mobile home fire.

Hoffman said there were 4 persons reportedly in the residence at the time of the fire and 2 were able to get out with minor injuries. The other 2 were located deceased inside the residence.

Scene of a mobile home fire on Northwest Drive (July 11, 2022). Photo: Whatcom News
Scene of a mobile home fire on Northwest Drive (July 11, 2022). Photo: Whatcom News

Investigators with Whatcom County Fire Marshall’s Office were on scene and crime tape had been placed around the area.

This story was updated at 10:45am with news of the fatalities. Whatcom News held that fact back to allowe time for next of kin notifications to be made.


This is a developing story and will be updated as information becomes available.

My custom footer text