According to those in contact with the families, the following are confirmed means of providing support to the victims and their families as well as to those who are providing support resources to all those impacted by this week’s tragedy on W Smith Road:
- Ferndale Haggen is accepting donations for all families at the check out stands and their customer service counter. Update: Donations are being accepted at all five Whatcom County Haggen locations.
- A memorial fund has been set up at Whatcom Educational Credit Union (WECU) in Shane Ormiston’s name. Indicate on the donation “Shane Ormiston Memorial Fund.”
- A “GoFundMe” account has been set up to collect donations to support Kole Randall and his family with his recovery and related costs.
- A fundraiser event to benefit all families is planned for June 25th from 6pm to 8pm.
- Food donations are being accepted at the Ferndale Food Bank for both the families and for support staff at Windward High School.Drop off times are Saturday 8am-12:30pm, Monday 8am-12:30pm, Tuesday 9am-12:30pm and Wednesday 8am-12:30pm.
- Recommended items for the family are heat-n-serve dinners in freezer-proof containers and zip-lock bags such as soups, casseroles, spaghetti sauce with ready-to-make noodles, etc. One family asks for vegetarian meals. There are no food allergies to be aware of. The freezer at the Food Bank will freeze items quickly so pre-freezing isn’t necessary.
- Recommended items for support staff include breakfast, lunch and snack items in sealable containers and zip-lock bags such as fruit salads (cut up ready to eat), yogurt, sandwiches, cookies, veggie trays, etc.
- Cards of support and condolences may be sent to The Ormistons, The Andersons, The Randalls and The Brewsters by dropping off at the Ferndale School District offices during regular business hours at 6041 Vista Drive or mailing to
Ferndale School District
PO Box 698
Ferndale, WA 98248