WHATCOM COUNTY, Wash. — As of 6:30am this morning, Thursday, February 24th, Whatcom County schools and others have announced the following due to this morning’s snow event and subsequent slick roads.
- Bellingham Schools – 2-hour delay with snow bus routes (AM and PM). Early dismissal canceled
- Bellingham Christian Schools – 2-hour delay. No preschool, AM/PM buses on snow routes. Elementary early dismissal canceled. Schools will dismiss at regular times.
- Assumption Catholic School – 2-hour delay
- Ferndale School District – no announcement
- Lummi Nation School – no announcement
- Blaine School District – start two hours late due to road conditions. There will be no AM preschool and no AM out of district transportation.
- Meridian School District – all schools will be running on time today
- Lynden School District – no announcement
- Lynden Christian Schools – no announcement
- Nooksack Valley School District – 2-hour delay. No preschool. No out of district transportation.
- Mount Baker School District – 2-hour delay. There will be no out-of-district transportation. Acme and Harmony buses are on snow routes.
- Bellingham Technical College – no announcement
- Whatcom Community College – no announcement
- Western Washington University – campus in Bellingham is open and on a normal schedule
- Whatcom County Library System – no announcement, Sumas Library remains closed due to flood damage
- Whatcom Transportation Authority –
- Due to road conditions in Kendall buses will not be accessing Sante Fe Dr. Instead, the route will include Oregon Trail, right onto Little Big Horn Loop and left back onto Oregon Trail, back on route.
- Route 512 will be traveling to Sudden Valley via Lake Whatcom while Lake Louise Rd is getting sanded and reassessed.
Parents, students and staff should monitor their school’s website and email for updates in the morning as conditions continue to change.
Readers are encouraged to stay up to date on local driving conditions via the Whatcom News Traffic page.