WHATCOM COUNTY, Wash. — Drivers can expect delays at several locations around Whatcom County next week as construction season is underway.
The following projects and road impacts have been scheduled:
- ROAD CLOSURE (BLAINE) – Burk Road between Sunrise Road and Delta Line Road will be closed to all traffic from 7am Monday to 5pm Tuesday (5/3, 5/4) while a culvert is replaced. Whatcom County Public Works (360) 778-6400
- LANE CLOSURE (I-5 BELLINGHAM) – Beginning as early as next week and continuing through the summer, between 7pm to 7am Sundays through Thursdays, 1 lane of northbound I-5 will periodically be closed during construction of a new on-ramp for northbound I-5 at the Bakerview Road interchange. WSDOT 360-757-5963
- LANE CLOSURE (I-5 BELLINGHAM) – Single lane closures are expected between 8pm to 5am Monday through Thursday (5/3-5/6) on both southbound and northbound I-5 south of the Old Fairhaven Parkway. This is to enable replacing a culvert. WSDOT 360-757-5963
- RAMP CLOSURE (I-5 BELLINGHAM) – The on-ramp to southbound I-5 at Old Fairhaven Parkway is expected to be closed between 8pm to 5am Monday through Thursday (5/3-5/6). This is to enable replacing a culvert. WSDOT 360-757-5963
- LANE CLOSURE (FAIRHAVEN) 1 lane of Old Fairhaven Parkway at 30th Street is planned to be closed Tuesday, May 4th, between 8pm to 5am. This is to enable replacing a culvert. WSDOT 360-757-5963