The following letter to members of the Ferndale City Council is provided courtesy of Ferndale City Administrator Jori Burnett. It is regarding the Ferndale City Council meeting agenda for the regular meeting scheduled for 5pm, Monday, December 7th (an hour earlier than recent regular meetings).
This regular City Council meeting will be held using an online video conference format in conformance with current physical distancing and the state’s COVID-19 health safety mandates.
Anyone wanting to watch the regular council meeting can click this link just prior to or during the meeting.
Nothing needs to be installed to view the meetings live since attendees can choose to “watch on the web” via their browser and “join” the video conference anonymously. Attendees’ video and audio inputs will be disabled to prevent meeting disruptions while attendees will still be able to view and hear the meeting participants.
Members of the public may provide comment during this remote (online) meeting by one of the following methods:
- 2021 Budget Adoption: Email Finance Director Sirke Salminen prior to the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Main Street Comprehensive Plan Amendment: Email Community Development
Director Haylie Miller prior to the meeting at email@example.com.
- Portal Way Comprehensive Plan Amendment: Email Community Development Director
Haylie Miller prior to the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone in when the Mayor announces the opening of the public hearing. 360-685-2385
- Be physically present at 5694 2nd Avenue (council chambers) during the meeting. Comments can be spoken at the podium and will be broadcast via video as part of the meeting. Those who wish to offer a comment in-person will be required to wear a face mask and observe social distancing requirements.
Members of the public who wish to submit comments on items not on the meeting agenda are encouraged to email their comments to City Clerk Susan Duncan prior to 4:30pm the day of the meeting at email@example.com. Comments received will be read during the public comment period of the meeting and included in the meeting record.
City Council meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month (or on the following Tuesday in event of a national holiday) and typically (when not held online) in Council Chambers at the City Hall Annex at 5694 2nd Avenue. Related regular council meeting documents are available online.