Press "Enter" to skip to content
Dora Ruiz and Tammy Look pose in the kitchen just before opening their New Mexico Tamale Company restaurant on 3rd Avenue (November 29, 2017). Photo: My Ferndale News

Restaurateurs say they spoke too quickly about closing

New Mexico Tamale Company Co-owners Dora Ruiz and Tammy Look had announced over the weekend that they were closing their business. The announcement took many of their customers and business neighbors by surprise.

But this afternoon, they again took to their Facebook page to announce that perhaps they had been too hasty in their decision-making.

They said the business will be open normal hours tomorrow (normally closed Sundays and Mondays).

Click for more information

Click for more information

8 Comments

1. Amanda Z Amanda Z February 25, 2019 at 6:10pm

(you have a small typo in the title)

• Joe Beaulaurier Joe Beaulaurier February 25, 2019 at 6:36pm

Not seeing it. Can you be more specific?

• Kate R Kate R February 25, 2019 at 6:49pm

Should be “Restauranteurs”.

• Joe Beaulaurier Joe Beaulaurier February 25, 2019 at 6:53pm

While attending a national food service convention, I was chastised for putting the ‘n’ in restaurateur. Apparently that’s a sign of someone not from their world. I’ve never made that mistake again.

• Marv Waschke Marv Waschke February 26, 2019 at 8:42am

You sent me to the dictionary on that one Joe! You are right, but until this morning I would have been with Kate.

And we intend to try NMTC soon. Downtown needs good places to eat.

Does anyone else remember when that old Quonset hut was The Eagle’s Roost and KENY radio had a broadcast from there?

• Megan J Bennett Megan J Bennett February 26, 2019 at 8:31am

There is no “n” in restaurateurs. It is spelled correctly.

2. Steven Allen Steven Allen February 25, 2019 at 7:07pm

Hoorah! I am so glad to hear they are going to try and stay! I will be over to get a dozen tamales in March, guaranteed!

3. Valerie Frank Valerie Frank February 26, 2019 at 5:18am

Thanks for posting this! I’ve been meaning to check NMTC out, but haven’t. This gives me incentive to go. Hopefully others will too…

Comments are closed.