WHATCOM COUNTY, Wash. — Continued snowfall, extreme windchill temperatures and resulting transportation challenges are being cited as the reason many Whatcom County area agencies, organizations and business announce they are canceling or delaying opening today, Wednesday, December 21st.
Note: Public schools are already on winter vacation break.
- Bellingham Technical College – closed (scheduled closure for Dec. 19-26)
- Whatcom Community College – closed
- Western Washington University – closed
- Ferndale School District – today’s athletic events are canceled
- Sanitary Service Company (SSC) – crews will continue making curbside garbage and recycling pickups as scheduled but, according to their website, delays and service disruptions are possible. Click here for more information.
- Whatcom Transportation Authority (WTA) – Buses may be delayed or detoured where the roads are icy. Click here for more information. No Zone service or Flex rides.
- Route 72X will remain on the Mt Baker Hwy and turn around at the Resource Center. No service to Deming Rd or the neighborhoods in Kendall.
- Route 1 is not servicing the South Hill and remaining on the Boulevard.
- Route 80X will not be servicing the Alger Park and Ride. We will pick up at the Shell gas station.
- Whatcom County Public Libraries – delayed openings beginning at noon but may vary by location
- Bellingham Public Libraries – closed
- Arne Hanna Aquatic Center – closed
If your business, organization or agency has delayed or canceled opening or events today, Wednesday, December 21st, contact us so it can be added it to the list.