WHATCOM COUNTY, Wash. — As of 5:30am this morning, Friday, January 7th, Whatcom County schools and others have announced the following due to recent freezing rain and snow events.
- Bellingham Schools – schools are open on regular schedules with regular bus routes
- Assumption Catholic School – operating 2 hours late
- Ferndale School District – all schools are closed and extracurricular activities canceled
- Lummi Nation School – schools closed this week due to COVID-19 concerns – students to return via remote classes Monday, January 10th
- Blaine School District – all schools will be running via remote classes today, campus closed
- Meridian School District – all schools will be running via remote classes today
- Lynden School District – operating 2 hours late, no morning preschool
- Lynden Christian Schools – operating 2 hours late
- Nooksack Valley School District – operating 2 hours late with no out of district transportation
- Mount Baker School District – operating 1 hour late, buses are on snow routes with no out-of-district transportation, high school continues with remote classes
- Bellingham Technical College – campus is open and operating on a normal schedule
- Whatcom Community College – no public announcement, beginning of Winter Quarter delayed until Monday, January 10th
- Western Washington University – no public announcement
- Whatcom County Library System – no public announcement, Sumas Library closed due to flood damage
Parents, students and staff should monitor their school’s website and email for updates in the morning as conditions continue to change.
Readers are encouraged to stay up to date on local driving conditions via the Whatcom News Traffic page.