SUMAS, Wash. — Organizers have announced the return of the Sumas Community Days after last year’s was canceled due to COVID-19 mandates.
This year’s schedule is as follows.
- June 18th at dusk – Family Movie in Sumas City Park
- June 19th at 9am – “Be Kind” 5K fun run
- 11am – Parade down Cherry Street
- 11am – Car show, vendors, games, music in the grass fields on South Sumas Avenue
- At dusk – Professional fireworks display launched from Howard Bowen Memorial Park
In addition to the above, there will be a softball tournament at Howard Bowen Memorial Park all day.
According to Sumas Chamber President Nicole Postma, they were challenged to bring back the professional fireworks display due to a higher cost this year because of COVID-19-related shortages. But the community turned out for a pancakes, sausage and coffee fundraiser on May 29th and raised over $1,000, putting the fireworks display on the schedule again this year.
Food, retail, non-retail vendors and special interest groups and kids’ games/entertainment providers are welcome. The deadline to submit a vendor application is June 18th unless all spaces are full. Applications can be downloaded from the Sumas Chamber website. Car show participants can download a registration form here.