WHATCOM COUNTY, Wash. — Due to flooding, getting to classes safely tomorrow, Monday, November 29th, may be a challenge for some. As a result, Whatcom County school districts announced the following.
- Bellingham Schools – planning to hold classes on regular schedules tomorrow and staff, families and students are advised to monitor the district’s website and email for updates
- Ferndale School District – closed and all extra-curricular activities and athletic events are also canceled
- Lummi Nation School – closed
- Blaine School District – no announcement
- Meridian School District – classes will begin with a 2-hour delay
- Lynden School District – classes will begin with a 1-hour delay, no AM Preschool, no out of district transportation and there will be no adjustments to bus routes.
- Nooksack Valley School District – classes will begin with a 2-hour delay, district officials will reassess tomorrow morning and advise families and staff of any changes
- Mount Baker School District – already scheduled as a non-contract day (no classes)
Parents, students and staff should monitor their district’s website and email for updates in the morning as conditions continue to change.