BLAINE, Wash. — City of Blaine Community Development Services Department has issued a request for proposals (RFP) for revitalizing 5 city blocks and fixing Peace Portal Drive, the downtown’s main thoroughfare.
According to the RFP, the goal of the project “is to rejuvenate Blaine’s downtown and spur economic development by revitalizing five city blocks and fixing our main thoroughfare, Peace Portal Drive. The project includes pedestrian-oriented amenities to reinforce downtown as both the heart of the community and a tourism destination.”
The project includes the following elements.
- replace aging benches and trash cans
- adds recycling receptacles
- new flower planters
- new street furniture
- new bike racks
- construct 2 gateway arches to historic downtown
- replace aging and uneven sidewalks
- create continuous sidewalks (eliminating gaps)
- remove some street trees that contributed to uneven sidewalks and buckling
Proposals are due at 5pm on February 25th and it is hoped the contract can be awarded at the March 14th City of Blaine Council Meeting.