WHATCOM COUNTY, Wash. — Puget Sound Energy (PSE) reported 16,801 of their customers throughout the Puget Sound region were without power as of 4am today, December 11th. Over half of those addresses were within Whatcom County.
Significant outages reported by PSE as of 4am included the following.
- Western Ferndale – 1,954 impacted, reported 1am
- Everson – 1,234 impacted, reported 12:20am
- Sudden Valley – 2,785 impacted, reported 1:30am
- Alabama Hill in Bellingham – 1,411 impacted, reported 1:30am
Strong wind gusts have been reported by weather stations across the county since midnight.
- Ferndale – 61mph at 12:50am
- Bellingham Airport – 60mph at 12:50am
- Sandy Point – 51mph at 2am
- Lynden – 54mph at 2:25am
A National Weather Service high wind warning remains in effect until 8am today. It warns of southerly sustained winds of 30 to 40mph with gusts up to 60mph. The warning area includes San Juan County, western Whatcom County, north coast, central coast, western Skagit County and the Admiralty Inlet area.
Whatcom News readers are encouraged to stay up to date with the current weather forecast for their specific locations via the Whatcom News Weather page.