BELLINGHAM, Wash. — Brandon Maurice Thompson, age 29, was sentenced in Whatcom County Superior Court on May 25th after pleading guilty to a dozen felony and 1 gross misdemeanor crimes.
Thompson pled guilty to the following crimes.
- 3 counts of 2nd-degree identity theft
- 1st-degree identity theft
- 4 counts of possession of a stolen vehicle
- 2 counts of 2nd-degree theft
- 2nd-degree possession of stolen property
- possession of a stolen firearm
- 2nd-degree vehicle prowl (gross misdemeanor)
Thompson was sentenced to 72 months (6 years) in custody with credit for time served prior to sentencing.
On June 8, 2022, the Bellingham Police Department (BPD) asked for the public’s assistance in locating Thompson, a suspect in 31 property, identity and vehicle theft and other crimes at the time. Days later, he was apprehended by the Sedro-Woolley Police Department while in a stolen car, taken into custody without incident, transferred to BPD custody and booked into Whatcom County Jail.
Thompson has prior felony convictions for assault, possession of stolen property and theft.