Press "Enter" to skip to content

Malfunction sends smoke into elementary school, everyone evacuated

KENDALL, Wash. — First responders were dispatched to Kendall Elementary School today, Wednesday, November 9th, about 12:35pm due to a report of smoke in the building.

Whatcom County Fire District 14 Assistant Fire Chief David Moe told Whatcom News they arrived to find everyone had evacuated and there was smoke inside a classroom.

Firefighters investigated and determined a heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) unit had malfunctioned. After shutting down the unit they gave everyone the “all clear” and students and faculty were able to return to the building and resume classes.

Advertisement
Click for more information

Advertisement
Click for more information

My custom footer text