7:20am: Good morning. Temperatures are in the mid 40s in the Ferndale area under cloudy skies with breezy winds from the southwest. Air quality in the area is being reported in the GOOD range.
Heavy rains in the mountains caused the Nooksack River to rise enough over the past couple days to require closing several roads. Currently, the river level is 15.3 feet receding from an overnight crest of just over 17 feet.
The following roads have been impacted by the resulting floodwater.
* Slater Road between LaBounty Drive and Ferndale Road is closed (suggested alternate routes)
* Barrett Road north of W Axton Road is closed
* Paradise Road at Barrett Road is closed
* Marine Drive between Rural Avenue and Lummi Shore Drive/Road is closed
* Ferndale Road between Slater Road and Marine Drive is closed
* Ferndale Road between Slater Road and Ulrich Road has water over the roadway
Otherwise Commute routes in and out of Ferndale are currently open with no visible surprises. Check the real-time DF traffic cams page to view commute time estimates anytime by clicking here.
TODAY’S WEATHER FORECAST
- [wunderground location=”Ferndale, WA” numdays=”1″ layout=”table-horizontal” iconset=”incredible” showdata=”daynames,pop,icon,text,alerts,night” hidedata=”search,date”]
[tribe_events_list venue=”yes” cost=”yes” ]