FERNDALE, Wash. — Ferndale School District has issued an invitation to the community to attend an online “Virtual Town Hall” on Wednesday, December 9th, from 6pm to 7pm. Representatives from Dykeman Architects, Cornerstone Construction, Construction Services Group, the Ferndale School District and the Bond Oversight Committee are expected to provide information during the meeting.
In their invitation, District officials said, “The design documents are complete and we are nearly ready to go out to bid.”
The Zoom link to use to view the meeting is available on the District website.
The following “Design Development Submittal” dated July 31st provides several draft details regarding the project. Source: Ferndale School District
The District provided a weekly update yesterday, December 4th, that said Dykeman Architects recently presented an overview of the current site plan and building floor plans to Ferndale High School staff. Dykeman will meet with staff groups over the next 2 weeks to go over the plans for specific areas of the new building.
The update also said Construction Services Group (CSG) had arranged a lease agreement with BNSF Railway to “allow for temporary construction access at the southeast corner of the site.” This access will be available only to construction traffic, not for school or bus traffic.
Also noted were bond-funded maintenance and security projects either completed or still underway. They included:
- 7-foot high chain link security fencing at Horizon Middle School, Eagleridge Elementary and Skyline Elementary Schools – completed
- Roofing at Vista Middle School – completed
- New fire alarm panels install at Eagleridge Elementary, Central Elementary and Horizon Middle Schools – completed
- Replace 76 heat valves at Vista Middle School – completed
- Secure vestibule construction and safety and security improvements including access controls and security cameras at Cascadia Elementary, Central Elementary, Custer Elementary, Eagleridge Elementary, Skyline Elementary, Horizon Middle School, Vista Middle School and the District administration office – complete
- District-wide hot water tank replacements – partially complete, to be completed summer 2021
- Roofing projects at Central Elementary and Custer Elementary Schools – summer 2021
- Masonry repairs at Custer Elementary and Skyline Elementary Schools – summer 2021
- Security fencing at North Bellingham Learning Center – summer 2021
- Safety and security upgrades at Beach Elementary School – summer 2021